Stir fry is something that once you’ve found a good recipe, you tend to stick with it. But sometimes, sauces can be full of unhealthy ingredients and added sugars that you shouldn’t be consuming. Angela’s soy-free beef stir fry, however, is paleo, gluten-free, allergy friendly, and has minimal ingredients! So not only is it packed full of flavour, but it’s not packed full of crap. And bonus — you can even swap out the beef for another protein if it doesn’t suit your fancy.
Want to see what Angela’s Dream Paleo Week looks like?
1 lb. stir-fry beef
1 onion, sliced
1 head broccoli, chopped into florets
1 bell pepper, sliced
4 oz. mushrooms, sliced
1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/3 cup coconut aminos
1 tbsp. honey
1 tbsp arrowroot powder
1 tbsp. ginger, freshly grated
1 tbsp. water
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add EVOO and minced garlic to skillet. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add in beef. Salt and pepper to taste. Cook until browned.
- While your beef is cooking, in a small saucepan over medium-low heat whisk together coconut aminos, honey, and ginger. Once sauce is hot, turn off the burner.
For a thick sauce:
- In a small bowl mix arrowroot and water together and then pour into your saucepan. Whisk until your sauce has thickened.
- Throw cooked beef into the saucepan.
- Add vegetables to skillet your meat was just in. Cook for 5-10 minutes. Stirring occasionally.
- Add in your meat with sauce back to skillet. Cover and simmer on low for 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
Enjoying paleo recipes? How about getting FREE hand-picked recipes from paleo voices from across the world weekly? Subscribe below!