Have some ripe avocados that you’re not sure what to do with? Looking for a quick weeknight meal that will leave you satisfied? Give these Crispy Asian Salmon Stuffed Avocados by Camie Hauck a try. They’re packed full of protein, healthy fats, and flavour that the entire family will love.
- 4 oz. / 120 g salmon, cooked
- 1 avocado, pitted and scooped
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 1/4 cup cucumber, diced
- 1 tbsp. mayonnaise
- 1/2 tsp. sriracha (omit for AIP)
- 1/2 tsp. coconut aminos
- 1/4 tsp. rice wine vinegar (not seasoned)
- 1 cup pork rinds, crushed
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut shreds
Add both ingredients to a mini food processor and whiz until they resemble fine breadcrumbs.
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- 1/4 tsp. sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp. honey
- 1/4 tsp. garlic, crushed
Reduce in saucepan until thickened.
- Mix all salmon stuffing ingredients in a small bowl. Set aside or put in fridge while you do the next step.
- Half avocado, remove the skin making sure you grab all the avocado in one swoop. Place each half face down on aluminum foil.
- Lightly rub mayonnaise on avocado. This will help the breading to stick better.
- Gently roll avocado halves in pork rind breading mixture. Spray the aluminum foil with avocado oil.
- Air fry avocado halves on 400 F / 200 C for 7 minutes.
- Flip avocado gently and stuff with salmon mixture. Cook for 3 more mins.
- Remove and set on serving plate. Drizzle stuffed avocados with teriyaki sauce and sprinkle with sliced green onion.
See what other recipes Camie has included as part of her Dream Paleo Week!
Would love to get more of Camie’s recipe and from paleo / primal / low carb recipe writers like herself? Join our mailing list to get a fresh set of recipes every week!