About this Salmon Stuffed Avocados recipe
Have some ripe avocados that you’re not sure what to do with? Looking for a quick weeknight meal that will leave you satisfied? Give these Crispy Asian Salmon Stuffed Avocados by Camie Hauck a try. They’re packed full of protein, healthy fats, and flavor that the entire family will love.
- 4 oz. / 120 g salmon, cooked
- 1 avocado, pitted and scooped
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 1/4 cup cucumber, diced
- 1 tbsp. mayonnaise
- 1/2 tsp. sriracha (omit for AIP)
- 1/2 tsp. coconut aminos
- 1/4 tsp. rice wine vinegar (not seasoned)
- 1 cup pork rinds, crushed
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut shreds
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- 1/4 tsp. sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp. honey
- 1/4 tsp. garlic, crushed
- Prepare the breading: Add both ingredients to a mini food processor and whiz until they resemble fine breadcrumbs.
- For the teriyaki sauce: Mix the ingredients in the saucepan until thickened.
- Mix all salmon stuffing ingredients in a small bowl. Set aside or put in the fridge while you do the next step.
- Cut the avocado in half, and remove the skin making sure you grab all the avocado in one swoop. Place each half face down on aluminum foil.
- Lightly rub mayonnaise on the avocado. This will help the breading to stick better.
- Gently roll avocado halves in pork rind breading mixture. Spray the aluminum foil with avocado oil.
- Air fry avocado halves at 400 F / 200 C for 7 minutes.
- Flip the avocado gently and stuff it with the salmon mixture. Cook for 3 more minutes.
- Remove and set on a serving plate. Drizzle stuffed avocados with teriyaki sauce and sprinkle with sliced green onion.