This is a meal you’ll want to cook over and over. Haylee’s recipe of a creamy, smooth, lemony garlic sauce coating the most perfectly cooked scallops, it will definitely be a hit. Using just a few simple ingredients, it’s a healthy and delicious dinner that will be on your plate in less than 15 minutes.
Creamy Seared Garlic Butter Scallops
Yield: 1½ cups | Calories: 285 | Prep time: 2 min | Cook time: 10 min
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 7oz. (200g) scallops, frozen
- Pinch salt & pepper
- 1/2 tsp. butter, unsalted
- 1 tsp. garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp. lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. low sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup (50g) almond milk yogurt
- 1 tbsp. almond milk
- 2 tsp. parsley, chopped
Have a look at what Haylee’s included into her Dream Paleo Week.
- Thaw scallops in cold water or day-long in refrigerator, and pat dry with paper towels.
- Heat olive oil in skillet over medium-high heat and add scallops when sizzling.
- Season with salt and pepper and fry for about 2 minutes or until a golden-brown crust forms, flip over, and fry other side for another 2 minutes until crisp and cooked through. Set aside.
- Melt butter in the same skillet and scrape together browned left over bits from scallops. Stir in garlic and cook for a minute until fragrant.
- Add broth, bring to a simmer, then add the lemon juice, and remove skillet from the heat.
- Bring yogurt to room temperature, dilute with almond milk, and pour into butter-garlic sauce.
- Add scallops and warm through. Garnish with parsley.
Curious about what other recipes Haylee has included in her Dream Paleo Week? Get access to our weekly recipes newsletter by clicking below: