About this Pan Seared Scallops in Creamy Garlic Sauce recipe
With its creamy, smooth, lemony garlic sauce coating the most perfectly cooked scallops, Haylee’s Pan Seared Scallops will surely be a hit. Using just a few simple ingredients, it’s a healthy and delicious dinner that will be on your plate in less than 15 minutes. This is definitely a meal you’ll want to cook over and over.
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 7oz. (200g) scallops, frozen
- Pinch salt & pepper
- 1/2 tsp. butter, unsalted
- 1 tsp. garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp. lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. low sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup (50g) almond milk yogurt
- 1 tbsp. almond milk
- 2 tsp. parsley, chopped
- Thaw scallops in cold water or day-long in the refrigerator, and pat dry with paper towels.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat and add scallops when sizzling.
- Season with salt and pepper and fry for about 2 minutes or until a golden-brown crust forms, flip over, and fry the other side for another 2 minutes until crisp and cooked through. Set aside.
- Melt butter in the same skillet and scrape together browned leftover bits from the scallops. Stir in garlic and cook for a minute until fragrant.
- Add broth, bring to a simmer, then add the lemon juice, and remove the skillet from the heat.
- Bring yogurt to room temperature, dilute with almond milk, and pour into the butter-garlic sauce.
- Add scallops and warm through. Garnish with parsley.