In a hurry and need something quick and easy to eat? How about potato and bacon crusted egg cups by Kailen Brant. They’re simple to make, full of flavour, and will leave your stomach happy and full for hours!
Potato & Bacon Crusted Egg Cups
3 cups potatoes, chopped into small pieces
1/2 lb. bacon, chopped
6 eggs, whole
6 eggs, scrambled
Salt & pepper, to taste
Toppings: jalapeños, tomatoes, chives
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F / 175 C.
- In a large skillet, fry up bacon and set aside.
- Leaving the bacon drippings in the skillet, add potatoes. Toss completely and cover for 10 minutes, stirring about halfway through.
- Once the potatoes are soft and browning, add bacon back into the skillet.
- Stir and turn off the heat.
- Scoop about half of a ¼ cup of the crust mixture into a 12-pocket cupcake pan.
- Press each pocket of mixture in tightly with the bottom of the measuring cup or the bottom of a drinking glass.
- For six eggs: crack one egg on top of each pocket crust.
- For six eggs: mix egg on a bowl and pour on top on potato bacon mixture.
- Top with chopped peppers, jalapeños, tomatoes, onions, sausage, bacon and chives.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
See what else Kailen likes to cook as part of her new paleo lifestyle!
Care for a weekly set of paleo recipes delivered to your mailbox? It’s free! Subscribe below: