About this Potato and Bacon Crusted Egg Cups recipe
3 cups potatoes, chopped into small pieces
1/2 lb. bacon, chopped
6 eggs, whole
6 eggs, scrambled
Salt & pepper, to taste
Toppings: jalapeños, tomatoes, chives
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F / 175 C.
- In a large skillet, fry up bacon and set aside.
- Leaving the bacon drippings in the skillet, add potatoes. Toss completely and cover for 10 minutes, stirring about halfway through.
- Once the potatoes are soft and browning, add the bacon back into the skillet.
- Stir and turn off the heat.
- Scoop about half of a ¼ cup of the crust mixture into a 12-pocket cupcake pan.
- Press each pocket of the mixture in tightly with the bottom of the measuring cup or the bottom of a drinking glass.
- For six eggs: crack one egg on top of each pocket crust.
- For six eggs: mix eggs in a bowl and pour on top of the potato bacon mixture.
- Top with chopped peppers, jalapeños, tomatoes, onions, sausage, bacon, and chives.
- Bake for 25 minutes.