About this Low Carb Strawberry Cheesecake recipe
Everyone loves a good cheesecake, and while it’s loaded with full fat dairy that may be paleo or keto, it’s also loaded with sugar and gluten, which definitely aren’t. This low-carb strawberry cheesecake by Ines is filled with paleo-compliant healthy ingredients that make this dessert taste sinful, without all the additives.
- 3 eggs (whisk the egg whites apart until stiff and snowy)
- 6 tbsp. almond flour
- 3 tbsp. coconut flour
- 2 tbsp. olive (or coconut) oil
- 1 x 125 g / 4.4 oz plain high-fat yoghurt
- 1 tsp. of gluten free baking powder
- Sweetener, to taste
- The zest of half a lemon (grated)
- 1 tsp. of cinnamon
- 200g whipped cream
- 200g mascarpone cheese
- Juice and grated zest of 1 lemon
- 2 flavourless gelatin leaves
Strawberry coulis jelly:
- 1 cup chopped strawberries
- 1 flavorless gelatin leave
- Juice of 1 lemon
* For flours, mixes, baking tools, and pans visit King Arthur Baking.
For the sponge cake:
- Mix the ingredients and bake in a 28 cm diameter cake pan at 180ºC / 360 F for about 25 minutes.
- After that, let it cool on a grid and trim it to fit well within the detachable mold (22 cm in diameter will match perfectly).
- Put baking paper under the cake before placing it in the detachable mold so you expect to take it out easily!
The mascarpone mousse:
- First, dissolve the prehydrated gelatin and sweetener in a couple of spoonfuls of very hot cream.
- Next, add the lemon juice, the grated zest, and the mascarpone then mix it all with the remaining cold whipped cream.
- Lastly, pour it carefully over the sponge cake and get it into the fridge. Leave it for a minimum of 2-3 hours.
For the strawberry coulis jelly:
- Mix the juice of one lemon, the chopped strawberries, and a drizzle of water in a pot.
- Then bring it to a simmer until the strawberries melt (it takes just 10 to 15 minutes).
- In the meantime, hydrate another leaf of gelatine. Add sweetener to taste and remove from heat and dissolve the gelatin in the strawberry coulis.
- Finally, let the mixture cool down before pouring it over the mousse.
Affiliate Disclaimer: Please note that this page contains affiliate link/s, and if you make a purchase through those links, we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you.