About the one-pot chicken fajita recipe
If you’re a fan of Mexican flavors — think cumin, garlic, paprika, and chili — you’ll love this dish by Sophia Cong. This one-pot chicken fajita recipe takes all the traditional flavors of chicken fajitas and puts them into a simple and healthy dinner that’s gluten-free, dairy-free, and super delicious.
- 500 grams / 1 1/4 lb chicken breast
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 red onion
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 1 1/2 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. Himalayan salt
- 1/2 lime
- 1 cup broth
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 cup sushi rice
- Cut the yellow, green bell peppers, and red onion into slices and dice the garlic.
- Cut the chicken breasts into strips and set aside.
- Mix the chicken breast, yellow and green bell pepper, red onion, garlic, cumin, chili powder, smoked paprika, salt, the juice of 1/2 of a lime, and 1 tbsp of olive oil in a large mixing bowl until everything is well incorporated.
- Preheat 2 tbsp of oil to high heat in a large frying pan/pot.
- Stir fry the chicken along with the vegetables for about 4 minutes or until the chicken breasts are mostly cooked on the outside.
- Add in the sushi rice, broth, and tomato sauce. Stir until everything is well incorporated and bring it to a boil and then cover the pan with a lid and simmer for 35 minutes.
- Stir the rice around every 10 minutes, so nothing sticks to the bottom.
- Serve the chicken fajita dinner just as it is or with your favorite garnish (cilantro and lime wedges).