Easy One-Pot Chicken Fajita Dinner
If you’re a fan of Mexican flavours — think cumin, garlic, paprika, and chili — you’re going to love this dish by Sophia Cong. It takes all the traditional flavours of chicken fajitas and puts it into a simple and healthy one-pot dinner that’s gluten-free, dairy-free, and super delicious.
500 grams / 1 1/4 lb chicken breast
1 yellow bell pepper
1 green bell pepper
1 clove garlic
1/2 red onion
2 tbsp. olive oil
1 1/2 tsp. cumin
1 1/2 tsp. smoked paprika
1 1/2 tsp. chili powder
1/2 tsp. Himalayan salt
1 cup broth
1 cup tomato sauce
1 cup sushi rice
This recipe is part of Sophia’s Dream Paleo Week. Check it out here.
- Cut the yellow, green bell peppers, and red onion into slices and dice the garlic.
- Cut the chicken breasts into strips and set aside.
- Mix the chicken breast, yellow and green bell pepper, red onion, garlic, cumin, chilli powder, smoked paprika, salt, the juice of 1/2 of a lime, and 1 tbsp of olive oil in a large mixing bowl until everything is well incorporated.
- Preheat 2 tbsp of oil to high heat in a large frying pan/pot.
- Stir fry the chicken along with the vegetables for about 4 minutes or until chicken breasts are mostly cooked on the outside.
- Add in the sushi rice, broth, and tomato sauce. Stir until everything is well incorporated and bring it to a boil and then cover the pan with a lid and simmer for 35 minutes.
- Stir the rice around every 10 minutes so nothing sticks to the bottom.
- Serve the chicken fajita dinner just as it is or with your favourite garnish (cilantro and lime wedges).
If you would like to get Sophia’s recipes for her Dream Paleo Week – subscribe by clicking below: