About this Veggie, Garlic & Herb Frittata recipe
We all know the standard breakfast of bacon and eggs, but frankly, sometimes that can get a little boring. So why not change up the game a little and give this Veggie, Garlic & Herb Frittata by Staci a try? Full of fresh, colorful vegetables and herbs, it might just be your new go-to for a quick weeknight meal or even a breakfast on the go.
- 4 eggs
- 2 tbsp. coconut milk
- 3 tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 medium sweet potato, cut into 1/2” cubes
- 6 baby bella mushrooms, cut in half
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1/8 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 5 large fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Hot sauce salsa (optional)
- Heat a large cast iron pan on medium-low and melt 2 Tbsps of coconut oil. Add ¼ tsp of salt and stir. Add the sweet potato, stir and cook (covered) for 5 minutes on low heat. Stir occasionally so that the potato doesn’t burn.
- Add mushrooms (flat side down), onion, tomato, and a pinch more salt. Cook uncovered for 5 minutes. Add garlic to the and stir. Cook for 1 minute.
- Meanwhile, whip the eggs with coconut milk for about 30 seconds, until they are well incorporated.
- Add the remaining coconut oil to the pan and shake it a bit so that the bottom of the pan is coated with the oil. Pour the eggs over the veggie mix and let all cook for 1 minute. Stir the mixture gently so that the runny parts get a chance to hit the pan. All should be evenly distributed and the frittata mixture should fill the entire pan.
- Add basil leaves over the frittata, cover, and cook for 7-10 minutes on low, until the eggs have fluffed up and the runny parts have been cooked through.
- Remove the frittata from the heat and let sit for 2 minutes before serving.