About this Southern Fried Pork Chops recipe
If you’re a fan of southern fried chicken, you’re going to love this Pork Chops recipe by Stephanie Jean. It’s a play on the southern classic with all the same flavours, but without all the unhealthy ingredients. Gluten-free and dairy-free, paired with some mashed cauliflower or potatoes, it makes for a quick and tasty meal you’ll be sure to bookmark.
- 1 lb. / 450 g pork chops, sliced or pounded to 1/4” (6 mm) thickness
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup almond meal
- 2 tbsp. tapioca flour
- 2 tbsp. oil
- 2 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. paprika
- Salt and pepper
- Liberally season pork chops on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Beat eggs in a shallow bowl and set aside. Combine almond meal, tapioca flour, onion powder, and paprika in a second shallow bowl.
- Dip pork chops, one at a time, in beaten eggs and then dredge in almond meal mixture and set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a skillet on medium-high heat. Add half the pork chops to the skillet and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side, until the coating has browned and the internal temperature reaches 145° – 155°F /65C. Remove any burnt oil or coating from the pan and repeat with remaining oil and pork chops.
- Let pork chops rest for minutes before serving. Pairs well with green beans and mashed potatoes/cauliflower mash.