If you’re a fan of southern fried chicken, you’re going to love this recipe by Stephanie Jean. It’s a play on the southern classic with all the same flavours, but without all the unhealthy ingredients. Gluten-free and dairy-free, paired with some mashed cauliflower or potatoes, it makes for a quick and tasty meal you’ll be sure to bookmark.
Southern Fried Pork Chops
1 lb. / 450 g pork chops, sliced or pounded to 1/4” (6 mm) thickness
1 cup almond meal
2 tbsp. tapioca flour
2 tbsp. oil
2 tsp. onion powder
1 tsp. paprika
Salt and pepper
This dish is one of many in Stephanie’s Dream Paleo Week.
- Liberally season pork chops, both sides, with salt and pepper.
- Beat eggs in a shallow bowl and set aside. Combine almond meal, tapioca flour, onion powder, and paprika in a second shallow bowl.
- Dip pork chops, one at a time, in beaten eggs and then dredge in almond meal mixture and set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in skillet on medium-high heat. Add half the pork chops to skillet and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side, until coating has browned and internal temperature reaches 145° – 155°F /65 C. Remove any burnt oil or coating from pan and repeat with remaining oil and pork chops.
- Let pork chops rest minutes before serving. Pairs well with green beans and mashed potatoes/cauliflower mash.
If you would like to receive weekly paleo / keto / low carb recipes in your inbox for free, sign up below: