Whether you’re new to keto or have been following the lifestyle for a while, finding keto approved products can sometimes be challenging. As the diet becomes more popular, however, products are popping up virtually everywhere.
But before we get into that, let’s do a quick recap on what keto is.
Essentially, the ketogenic diet entails a drastic reduction in carbohydrates and increase in fat intake to stimulate fat loss within the body. Rather than relying on carbohydrates (glucose) as a primary fuel source, the body is pushed to tap into body fat stores as glucose and glycogen stores become depleted. So instead of burning glucose for energy, the body burns fat stores, hence we often experience a loss of body fat.
But why go keto? Here are a few reasons:
- Improved brain function
- Effortless weight loss
- Reduced hunger
- Radiant skin
If you’re used to eating a diet high in carbohydrates, transitioning to one with minimal may be a bit difficult. Not only will your body react to minimal intake and you may experience some not-so-pleasant side effects, but finding keto-approved products that are good for you and clean recipes may be challenging also.
Which is why we’re here.
We’re going to give you a run down of three of our favourite keto products and why we love them.
If time is sometimes not on your side, a meal replacement shake can be a great alternative to simply skipping a meal. Formulated by Dr. Josh Axe, Ancient Nutrition KetoFEAST is nutrient-dense meal replacement shake full of nutritional superfoods geared to support energy, healthy aging, joints and bones, a healthy metabolism, cell nourishment, and immune health.
- Paleo and keto friendly
- 17g protein per serving
- Gluten free, grain free, dairy free, soy free
- Full of superfoods — bone broth, chia, tiger nuts, fermented herbs, mushrooms, spices, probiotics, prebiotics, enzymes, ACV
- Contains MCT oil to support ketone levels
- Slight bitterness in aftertaste
- Texture may be a little gritty
What customers say:
- Impressive list of ingredients
- Tastes amazing
- Doesn’t impact blood sugar
- Great alone or blended in a shake
- Smooth and dissolves well
MCT oil has been all the rage in the keto world due to its ability to be used as an immediate fuel source. MCT oil is more easily digested and absorbed in the GI tract compared with other fats and has been touted for it’s ability to encourage the use of fats for fuel rather than carbohydrates. Not only that, MCT oil can be a direct placement for any other fats or oils and has great versatility. NOW makes a great MCT oil that is 100% pure making it a great addition to any diet.
- 100% pure MCT oil
- Soy free, gluten free, dairy free, egg free
- Can cause bowel disturbances
- Derived from palm
- May cause stomach issues for some people
What customers say:
- Pure and tasteless
- Helps to boost energy levels
- Improves body composition
- Great price
- Satisfies hunger for hours
- Great addition to coffee
Soy sauce is a staple within many cultures, but the fact is that it’s generally not keto or paleo approved. Coconut Secret produces a fantastic soy alternative that tastes just as great in any recipe. Most notable for its impressive amino acid content and low glycemic score, it doesn’t affect the body negatively and contains 65% less sodium than traditional soy sauces.
- 100% Organic
- Low glycemic
- Gluten free, dairy free, vegan
- Contains 17 essential amino acids
- Neutral pH
- Not direct substitute for soy sauce (slightly different flavour profile)
- Must be kept refrigerated
What customers say:
- Flavour is similar to soy but slightly sweeter
- Gives great flavour to food
- Pure ingredients
- Very versatile
- Brilliant product that tastes incredible
- Not overly salty
- Great substitute for making traditional soy-based sauces
Interested in keto / primal / paleo and other low carb recipes? Sign up below to get free weekly recipes from low carb enthusiasts from all over the world!