About this Homemade Magic Cookie Bars recipe
Are you craving something sweet but want to stay healthy? Then, indulge in the deliciousness of our homemade magic cookie bars! This classic treat gets a healthy twist with wholesome ingredients and without processed sugars, making it a guilt-free snack.
These magic cookie bars are a tasty way to get a dose of nutrition. With this simple recipe that takes less than an hour to make, there’s no reason not to try this heavenly snack.
So what are you waiting for? Let’s get baking!
- 2 cups of almond flour
- 1/4 cup of coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup of pure maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1 cup of unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup of dairy-free chocolate chips
- 1 can (14 oz) of full-fat coconut milk
- Start making magic cookie bars by preheating your oven to 350°F (180°C). Line a baking dish (8 x 8 inches) with parchment paper.
- Next, in a mixing bowl, combine the almond flour, melted coconut oil, maple syrup, and sea salt. Mix well to form a dough.
- Evenly distribute the dough in the baking dish by pressing it down with your hands.
- Sprinkle the shredded coconut and chocolate chips over the dough, ensuring they’re evenly distributed.
- Pour the coconut milk over the shredded coconut and chocolate chips into the baking dish.
- Then, bake in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes or until the top is set and the edges are golden brown.
- Then, remove it from the oven and let it cool completely before cutting it into bars.
- Once cooled, transfer them to an airtight container and store them in the fridge for a week.
Share this homemade magic cookie bars recipe with your friends and family. They will surely love this snack too.
You may see the paleo ferrero rocher recipe made by Lauran Brannigan.
Why Is Maple Syrup A Good Substitute For Refined Sugar?
Maple syrup is a natural sweetener that comes from the sap of maple trees. It is a good substitute for refined sugar and has several health benefits. Here are some of them:
- Maple syrup is packed with antioxidants that can protect your body from free radicals damage and lower your risk of diseases.
- Several studies suggest it can help reduce inflammation associated with chronic health issues.
- It is also great for your heart because it has polyphenols that can improve cholesterol levels and lower blood pressure.
- Maple syrup contains zinc that helps your immune system stay healthy. It also has manganese to support your bone health.
- It also gives you energy because it’s a source of carbohydrates that your body uses for fuel without causing a sudden spike in blood sugar levels.
Note: Maple syrup is still a sweetener, so you should consume it in moderation. It’s best to choose pure maple syrup over products containing high fructose corn syrup or other additives.
How Is Maple Syrup Made?
Maple syrup is a delicious sweetener that is made from the sap of maple trees. The process of making maple syrup involves tapping the trees by drilling a hole in the trunk and inserting a spout to collect the sap. The sap is collected in buckets or through a network of tubes connected to the taps.
Then, the sap is boiled in large evaporator pans or modern equipment until most of the water evaporates, leaving behind a concentrated syrup. The syrup is then filtered to remove impurities, refined to adjust the color and flavor, and graded based on its characteristics.
The final step is to package the syrup in bottles, cans, or other containers and store it until it is ready for sale or consumption. The process can take several hours or days depending on the quantity of sap and equipment used and is typically done in early spring when the weather is warm enough for the sap to flow.
How Many Calories In Maple Syrup?
The number of calories in maple syrup varies on the grade and the serving size. On average, one tablespoon of pure maple syrup contains more or less 52 calories. You should consume maple syrup in moderation as it is still a high-calorie sweetener.
How Long Does Maple Syrup Last?
Maple syrup can last for a long time if you store it properly. Unopened containers can last for up to several years if kept in a cool, dry place. Once opened, maple syrup should be refrigerated and can last 6 months up to a year.
With time, the flavor and quality of the syrup may deteriorate, so it is best to use it within a reasonable amount of time. Also, be sure to check for any signs of spoilage, such as mold growth or an off odor, before consuming maple syrup that has been stored for an extended period.
How To Tell If Maple Syrup Is Bad?
Like most food products, maple syrup can go bad over time. Here are some signs that you should look out for if your maple syrup has gone bad:
If the syrup has mold or an unusual texture, it’s a sign that it’s gone bad.
If the syrup has an off or sour smell, it’s not good to consume it.
If the syrup tastes sour or has a different flavor than usual, it’s best to discard it.
Maple syrup can last for a long time if stored properly, but if it has been open for more than a year or two, it’s best to check for signs of spoilage.
If the maple syrup has been stored improperly, it can spoil even if it hasn’t reached its expiration date. So, always keep your maple syrup in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight to ensure its freshness.
What Happens If You Eat Bad Maple Syrup?
Consuming bad maple syrup that has gone bad or developed mold may lead to food poisoning or other health issues such as upset stomach, vomiting, diarrhea, or even more serious symptoms in severe cases.
It’s important to check for signs of spoilage, such as unusual odor, flavor, or appearance, before consuming maple syrup, and to discard it if there is any doubt about its safety. If you suspect that you have eaten spoiled maple syrup and are experiencing symptoms, you should seek medical attention.