Pancakes are always one of the most popular breakfast items on a menu. But if you want to venture away from the traditional pancakes and maple syrup and try something a little more nutrient dense and paleo-friendly, keep reading.
Roxy’s Paleo pancakes are free of gluten and refined sugars, packed with nutrients (think protein, healthy fats, and lots of vitamins and minerals), and super simple to make.
This recipe by Roxy M. Jordan is guaranteed to become a family favourite and your new breakfast staple. Check out what recipes Roxy shares with our subscribers as part of her Dream Paleo Week!
2 bananas (about 20 cm)
2 whole eggs
2 egg yolks
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
2 tsp. coconut oil
Sugar-free fruit sauce of your choice
1. Place 1 1/2 bananas in a bowl with eggs, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Puree together.
2. Heat skillet over medium heat and add coconut oil to coat pan.
3. Ladle mixture into skillet and cook until bubbles form on top of each pancake. Flip and cook another 2-3 minutes until slightly browned.
4. Repeat until all of mixture is gone.
5. Top with remaining banana and sauce of choice.
Subscribe to get exciting new paleo recipes & shopping lists from paleo enthusiasts like Roxy each week in your inbox!